Can't find spindle for 72"

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
STT-29DFI-SS
S/N Starts with C81

I've looked at about 4 places online, where I can normally find all the part numbers I need. But for some reason, all of these places are leaving the deck part diagrams off their diagrams for this particular model. I'm needing a deck spindle for it.
I'm not sure if it's the same as the 52 and 61's (461663) I've been using (customer supplied). This time, the customer wants to buy it from me because he's got a couple of extra days. Stens has the 461663. But say it's only for the 52.

Anyone know the part number for this 72" deck spindle? Sorry to ask. But I just can't find it.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Look at #24 in this diagram, bottom right corner, but yeoooooewwwww, $255!! Part number 461697 ,, at that price i hope i'm wrong.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
A lot of SCAGs have spindles with rapered roller bearings and they are rebuildable. What is wrong that you need to replace the spindle?

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Last scag spindle i worked on took standard size bearings. Only issues was getting a thin walled 1 1/2" socket to get the nut off. If it is an older SCAG i would rebuild the spindle. Haven't worked on rhe newer style.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
As hammer said,
Built properly with tappered rollers
So provided the housing is not broken , and it is probably a steel fabrication you are just up for bearings or even just an adjustment.
This is the prime reason we keep on using the 2000 / 3000 series Cubs,
Tapers on the blades like they should be.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
A lot of SCAGs have spindles with rapered roller bearings and they are rebuildable. What is wrong that you need to replace the spindle?

Commercial customer is wanting to sell this. But make sure everything is good before doing it. This one spindle is getting a bit sloppy and wants it replaced.

I'm glad you said that. Because I've kept all of the spindles he's replaced thinking they might be rebuildable. Just never had the time to look into it.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
i noticed it had the spindle broke down,
View attachment 54663

Yes, I noticed that diagram. But didn't think it was one from the deck. But couldn't remember where another spindle was, other than the deck. Did I miss it before> Or was this spindle from the deck. Since it didn't actually say, I wanted to be sure. Thanks.