Can't figure out how to remove the bar from a STIHL MSA 220 C

rkode

Threads
  • / Can't figure out how to remove the bar from a STIHL MSA 220 C
Hi folks.
I've had my 220 C now for some months and am very pleased with it.
Recently, I tried to remove the bar but it simply wont come off.
I have two other (gas) STIHL chainsaws and I have no issue at all with removing the bar on thoes.
Usually (with my other STIHL's) I just wiggle the bar as I lift it away from the saw
But this 220 C seems to be a bit different (for some reason).

Even changing the chain itself is odd in that I can remove the bar but I can rotate the bar upwards and downward (which allows me to "muscle) the new chain onto the bar.

Any ideas as to how I might get the bar (and tensioner) off ?

I would really appreciate all the help I can get.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Does it have the toolless adjuster like this one?

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Here, she is a lot prettier.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Here, she is a lot prettier.
Well she may be prettier to look at but just like the first link just another massive ego posting all about me and next to no useful information about the product .
"One thing I don't like is you have to take this thingie off to change the blade or flip the bar "|
or to put it another way, "I am so stupid I have no idea how to do it so I won't embarass myself by showing every one how totally useless I am or this video is , unless you get excited looking at underwear adds ."
At least Star posted some useful information for Rkode although I would have hoped he has already read his owners manual
As for My nice Nyberg if he wants to go on another ego trip it would be good if he at least sharpened his blade
Nothing like showing people how to force a blunt blade through pissy weak US pine
As compared to the Aussie ( also ego trip with little useful information ) who did as Miss Cute Cheeks suggested, and used a sharp blade then let the saw do the cutting.
Even then it was a bad comparrison as he did mention the petrol saw has a carbide blade fitted and carbide blades do not cut particularly quickly
Their forte' is not going hopelessly blunt when you cut through burning trees or cut up partially burnt trees or strike grit in the wood or touch ground .
It has taken near 20 years of constant campaigning to get the city living shinny bums who are in charge of out rural fire services to get convinced that carbide blades is what the fire fighters need .

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Well she may be prettier to look at but just like the first link just another massive ego posting all about me and next to no useful information about the product .
"One thing I don't like is you have to take this thingie off to change the blade or flip the bar "|
or to put it another way, "I am so stupid I have no idea how to do it so I won't embarass myself by showing every one how totally useless I am or this video is , unless you get excited looking at underwear adds ."
At least Star posted some useful information for Rkode although I would have hoped he has already read his owners manual
As for My nice Nyberg if he wants to go on another ego trip it would be good if he at least sharpened his blade
Nothing like showing people how to force a blunt blade through pissy weak US pine
As compared to the Aussie ( also ego trip with little useful information ) who did as Miss Cute Cheeks suggested, and used a sharp blade then let the saw do the cutting.
Even then it was a bad comparrison as he did mention the petrol saw has a carbide blade fitted and carbide blades do not cut particularly quickly
Their forte' is not going hopelessly blunt when you cut through burning trees or cut up partially burnt trees or strike grit in the wood or touch ground .
It has taken near 20 years of constant campaigning to get the city living shinny bums who are in charge of out rural fire services to get convinced that carbide blades is what the fire fighters need .
Dang, you guys are wound a little too tight!!

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Either needs more or less caffeine. ☕☕☕☕☕☕☕

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Either needs more or less caffeine. ☕☕☕☕☕☕☕
Well I am on my 7th cup so right on the mark you posted. But by quiting time I probably be thru my 3rd pot of coffee. No wonder I am up half the night.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Well I am on my 7th cup so right on the mark you posted. But by quiting time I probably be thru my 3rd pot of coffee. No wonder I am up half the night.
I thought i was bad. I drink a pot a day. And then today had to go to the JD dealer so i stopped at the speedway for a 24oz coffee.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Fish.
Not wound tight at all, but I have little time for time wasters or as we call those sorts of posts "Time Thieves"
If you are going to make & post a video then you minimum obligation is to prepare the shoot and present the facts .
Most of the time thieves I have come across are just feeding their own egos at the expense of others .
Even worse is mr Nybergs video as he actually mentioned and put a link to his "how to sharpen a chain saw video" and then filmed himself forcing a blunt blade that can barely get through US soft woods .
Americans often call me rude but the truth of the matter is by & large, non CBD living Aussies are to the point, & don't suffer fools gladly .
If I want to look at a pretty face with a cheeky smile then I can watch any one of thousands of US soaps or just go the the shopping centre and have a perv in person.

So two videos were linked to this post and neither showed the original poster what he wanted to see so both were a 100% waste of time
Which makes me wonder about why they were posted in the first place.

And I am a 2 coffee a day person that I can happily go without.
When we ran the delivery business I would have 20+ cups a day either as a courtsey , accepting the offer from a customer or because I just wanted a drink.
Now that I work from a building most of the time I have 2 with breakfast the switch to teas during the day
And I drink lots of different teas made from herbs I grow in my own garden or from weeds that glow in the pasture.
Stinging nettle tea is very refreshing as is dandylion tea, peppermint tea, black wattle tea, Lemmon myrtle tea , cinnamon tea , clove tea and of course std green or black tea . It just takes a bit of trial & effort to find the right strength, ( volume of leaf & brewing time ) to find out what you like.
Most of them I take with a couple of drops of lemon juice

Caffine is not good for high BP unless you are grossly overweight and need the diuretic effect of it
Lots of herbal teas are very beneficial to high BP but it does take some experimenting.
I do put on a drip pot of coffee most saturdays so I can offer a cup to customers and because it does make the workshop smell friendly .