Can not get the drain plug out of the hose.

Mike69

Forum Newbie
Threads
On my DeWalt Z148 ZTR mower I am trying to change the oil because it has gas in it, & I cannot get the drain plug out of the drain hose. I tried to put 2 wrenches on the hose & the plug & the hose keeps moving & I cannot break loose the plug to drain the oil. Any ideas?

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Mechanic gloves to protect your hands & knuckles. Two 10" crescent wrenches one pushing the other pulling for leverage squeeze together to break loose. You will need to remove carburetor for repair before starting engine with new oil & filter.
If still under warranty let Dealer repair carburetor.

Last edited:

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
And sometime if the both parts are steel they are rusted as one and the only way is to cut the hose, drain, and replace the hose.

Mike69

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the info.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Later might wanna install a gas shut-off petcock for extra insurance..

If you do have to cut the hose (Last resort), You may be able to find a bolt that will thread in to plug end & then keep cut end up high.

Mike69

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the info & tips I was able to finally get the whole hose out of the engine & clamp it in a vice & it was a fight but I got the plug out.

Lawn Addict
Threads
(y)

Zue

Threads
On my DeWalt Z148 ZTR mower I am trying to change the oil because it has gas in it, & I cannot get the drain plug out of the drain hose. I tried to put 2 wrenches on the hose & the plug & the hose keeps moving & I cannot break loose the plug to drain the oil. Any ideas?
I use a Vacuum Tool I purchased from Harbor Freight to suck the oil out of the Riding Mower’s. This allows you not to have to use the drain plug on the motor.

Alton R

Threads
I would get someone to help hold the hose and back up rinch. Then use a impact rinch on the cap on the end of the hose.

Reactions: Cfs