Can Anyone Identify this part?!

brickwallross

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello, I'm new to this forum. As many people start on forums I'm here for some help. I recently replace connecting rods of my kolher 22hp in a cub cadet gt 2550 mower. I purchased the mower hoping the bagger would fit on my new cub, but its a different mount so I decided to fix this one, as it ran it a good job on just one cylinder until the rocker arm fell off the valve. After replacing both connecting rods, and rebuilding both heads and reassembling the entire engine I found, or didn't find I guess, a small bracket that I am unable to find a home for. To me it looks like something for the charging system, but I can not find it on any parts diagram anywhere. It has two, I think 4mm, screws with it an I can not find anywhere of the engine that the hole spacing fits. If anyone has any ideas please let me know, this is not a project I can afford to spend much more on, and taking it to a small engine repair shop around me will put it way over the budget I set. I'm 99% sure this is a CH670 engine about a 2005. The engine info sticker is missing of course. It is a horizontal shaft drive mower with the shaft drive not a vertical drive with belt drive to the hydro pump. Again, If you know what this is please HELP! Thanks for any assistance anyone can provide. Also, sorry for the photos, I couldn't get my phone to take photos with smaller files so they'd upload.

Attachments

• brakcet.jpg
    brakcet.jpg
    707.7 KB · Views: 26
  • engine shaft side.jpg
    engine shaft side.jpg
    828.3 KB · Views: 24
  • engine exhaust side.jpg
    engine exhaust side.jpg
    1,014.3 KB · Views: 21
  • hood.jpg
    hood.jpg
    726.1 KB · Views: 17
  • Snapengine 1.jpg
    Snapengine 1.jpg
    337.5 KB · Views: 16
  • snapengine2.jpg
    snapengine2.jpg
    314.1 KB · Views: 20

brickwallross

Forum Newbie
Threads
Also, I do know I could have avoided all of the headache and time if I would have just taken pictures as I disassembled the engine. I know better and I still didn't do it. The things we do when we are "in a hurry" that cost us more time in the long run!

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Geelee is correct. It connects between one of the regulator bolts on the plastic blower housing to the blower housing mounting bolt below the regulator.

brickwallross

Forum Newbie
Threads
does anyone have a picture of how thats suppose to go, i'm just confused because of two 4mm bolts i have with it. They were setting in the holes which is what I do when disassembling things so the correct bolts go into the correct holes. Im not saying they didn't get messed up though. And the regulator mounts with course thread screws because it mounts to the plastic. Thanks

Last edited: