Bypass All (or some) safety Switches

jarhead5903

Forum Newbie
Threads
Ladies. I’m curious to know if anyone has attempted to bypass safety switches on tour BB mowers? Seat seems easy, but what about any others?

I have a Rebel and there’s a wiring switch issue somewhere that I have yet to identify as the problem. Is there a list of where all the safety switches are located?

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
For what reason? And what did you call them?

slomo

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
every mower that leaves my shop does so with all safety switches working, unless I can not get the required part right then .
There is a reason why safety switches are called Safety Switches and it is not alliteration

Ron3

Threads
Think of the liability, just to dangerous. Safety switches are there for a reason.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Safety switches should be bypassed for test purposes only this is why most us will not a stranger on how it done. Personally I just don't want hear about someone doing it and then either themselves hurt or someone else. A couple years ago here an operator disable the reverse inhibit mode of his mower and a little later was backing up mowing when he ran over his little girl cutting part her foot off. Now the she has to pay the price of stupidity for the rest of her life.

I also never understood why idiots wants to mower their ditches along the roadside with the anti-sail flaps up throw all the cut grass and junk on to the roadways. It is extremely dangerous to do this.. Even as dumb as I am I know to at least respect others when mowing.near roadways and keep all the cutting on my land. Even with anti sail in place it is still a good idea to wear safety glasses as I have myself been hit in the face with rocks rebounding off tree trunks.

NOw if your are a professional repair shop owner you be able to get the wiring schematics for the BB and troubleshoot from there.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
The wiring on most modern mowers make it extremely difficult to tamper with as it involves the electric pto switches, and no one will officially discuss any workarounds for liability reasons, kind of like that pesky screen in the muffler of your trimmer.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
The wiring on most modern mowers make it extremely difficult to tamper with as it involves the electric pto switches, and no one will officially discuss any workarounds for liability reasons, kind of like that pesky screen in the muffler of your trimmer.
On top of that they are throwing ECU modules in the mix that are rather difficult to bypass; though, not completely impossible. Here I have single, double, and bypass surgery on the JD Z830A, Z925A, and Z950M ECUs but I still manage to keep all the safeties operational.

The OEMs are; however, getting better at making it near impossible to do so as they dont even want to us repair shop with the wiring schematic just a wiring layout instead when we get one which basically useless to electrical/electronics tech.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Luckily I am no longer working on equipment. I am too much of an old dog to learn any new tricks.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Luckily I am no longer working on equipment. I am too much of an old dog to learn any new tricks.
Then are you saying you have died but refuse to fall down? Sorta the saying "We have become aware that our workers are dying on the job but not falling down.".

I currently turning 62 the middle of the month and I still learning new things. Even my 73 yr old machinist still learning new things.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
So the buzz words for push mowers has always been the spark plug and air filter. Things that are perfectly fine that get replaced first.

The 0-turn crowd buzzes on safety switches and belts.

slomo