Briggs and Stratton 19 HP suddenly stops and will not crank.

TroyC

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Briggs and Stratton 19 HP suddenly stops and will not crank.
I have an OLD Troy-bilt Bronco and the engine finally died for good. I replaced it with the Briggs and Stratton 19 hp that is currently installed in the newer Bronco.
Connected everything and started right up. Was cutting the yard and it suddenly shut down. And now will not crank at all. Any suggestions? Are there any fuses I can check?

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Check oil level on dipstick, fresh gas in tank, check for spark with tester, check air & fuel filters.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Yes there is a fuse
I think you will find it hidden under the battery box under the seat next to the starting solenoid .

shadetree#1

Threads
If you do find the fuse bad an it keeps on intermittently blowing the fuse you can find re-settable fuses on-line at a reasonable price that come in handy when trying to locate and correct a overload or short which is usually in the dash area by the steering column or look for a pinched wire where you bolted down the engine, especially in the area of a carb solenoid wire.

GRW35

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have an OLD Troy-bilt Bronco and the engine finally died for good. I replaced it with the Briggs and Stratton 19 hp that is currently installed in the newer Bronco.
Connected everything and started right up. Was cutting the yard and it suddenly shut down. And now will not crank at all. Any suggestions? Are there any fuses I can check?
If you haven't found your problem yet, I had the same thing happen to me yesterday after hitting something under the leaves I was mulching. After checking all the usual switches, fuse, etc., I finally found that the pully arm that pulls the bracket grounded to the rack was not separating. A piece of wood chip between the two let me finish the job. Now I have to figure what was bent and how to fix. Just thought this was good to know.