Briggs and Stratton 10J902-0139-E1

JpSkyline95

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello I could really use some help. I am 20 I don't have alot of knowledge on engines yet but I am trying to learn. My Briggs and Stratton engine will not run. I have checked the engine's compression which seemed good, air blew past my finger when I turned the input shaft. I used an inline spark tester and checked for spark which I am getting. I checked the magneto and it read 4.86ohm so that was good as well. I set the air gap to manufacturer's spec and I checked crank and camshaft timing that was also good. I cleaned out the carburetor and put in new gas, oil and a new spark plugs as well. The only thing i know is bad is that the breather tube broke off which I'll be honest I know very little about. I believe it takes positive pressure from the crankcase and uses that to help fuel flow through the carburetor..? Anyways I get combustion and smoke out the exhaust but I'm only getting a few random combustions maybe 1-3 out of every 10-15 cycles of the of the engine. I may have worded some of this wrong but I'm learning as I go. Any help would be great thanks.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Spray some carb cleaner into the carb and see if you can get the engine to pop and run for a couple of seconds. If it does, I suspect that you will need to clean and rebuild the carb. Try it and post back the results, we can tell you how to proceed at that point.

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
Is this a mower? Any chance you've hit something and stopped the motor quickly? Could be a sheared flywheel key that has thrown the timing off a bit?