Briggs 217972-0158-F1 Walbro carb

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
It looks like Briggs may of used the Walbro carb on this engine at one time, but have decided to do away with the complete carb, and just sell the complete Nikki carb or individual parts for the Walbro carb. Does anybody have the part number of the Walbro carb they used on this engine before Briggs updated the IPL's and did away with the part number

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
790022 but it supersedes to 593432 which is the Nikki. Both of which are gravity fed. IF using the 790022 the seat would need to be changed if you are going to pump fed it.Same with the Nikki as you got to change fuel transfer tube if pump fed.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I came up with 794653, which also supersedes to a 593432. Just another possibility.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Actually there are multiple supersedes. Here is what my system show in the line of supersedes.
1629749274861.png

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
This started with a conversation with a buddy at another repair shop. He has this engine with the Walbro carb and was trying to get another Walbro style carb, but has now discovered that all of the supercessions end with a Nikki, and he didn't want a Nikki carb. Appreciate the help backtracking the carb for me.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I know some tech just hates the Nikki even it is one the easiest to repair. They fear the unknown.

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
This started with a conversation with a buddy at another repair shop. He has this engine with the Walbro carb and was trying to get another Walbro style carb, but has now discovered that all of the supercessions end with a Nikki, and he didn't want a Nikki carb. Appreciate the help backtracking the carb for me.
Don't blame him the Nikki is cheap junk.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
I'm popping the popcorn :D

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Say what you want to I will take a Nikki over a Walbro any day. Here in the 12 yrs I have been servicing mower engines I have thrown zero Nikki carbs in the recycle bin but put numerous Walbro carburetors in the bin. Many of which so called techs don't the difference between using the right tools and using the wrong tools. By using the wrong tools those techs screwed up more than they fix. That includes having the most important tool, a working brain.

On top that Briggs are even replacing the smaller Walbro carbs with the Ruixing carbs that you cant get any parts for most times as Briggs just wants the cheapest replacement. I have thrown several those in the recycle bin too.