Briggs 12000 carburetor choke problem

lambostefan

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey there,

I got an old riding lawnmower (Intek 825, 122607, vertical) and just finished setting the valves and installed a new ignition coild. The carburetor needed service, so I took it apart and cleaned it. The good news is that the engine now is running again.
The bad news is, that the previous owner already tried to repair it and confused the linkage of the carburator and governor. I got everything right by bending the springs as seen in the parts diagram but i got a problem with the choke on the carb. Spring is installed and working, i can click the choke to open and close. Problem is now, that there is a hook on one side of the mechainsm and a little metalplate on the other side, which opens and closes the choke when getting the lever in position. I bend these things in the right position i think, but when choke is open now, the hook won't let it open 100% as it blocks the mechanism. I don't know if choke should be 100% (so that the plate is really 90°) open or only 1/4 like it is now in max position. Maybe you could answer me that question and if it should be 100% open in max position and if so where the problem could be.

Here a picture of the hook and the metalplate to move the choke (in disassembled situation):
20190905_084728.jpg

Sorry for my not so good english and greetings from germany

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Would need the type number but the 122607 engine ipl I looked all showed either a primer or manual choke setup neither had the choke shaft design shown.

Right now it sound like a hybrid setup where someone had tried marrying to two different systems.

lambostefan

Forum Newbie
Threads
The number is 122607-0210-e1. It is a riding lawnmower. Seems like this was right out of factory in general. The rider ist named EL63 (Castelgarden, Stiga,Mowtec sold it)

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Appears to be a type of ready start system which Briggs doesn't cover very well if any at all in the service manuals. Sorry I can't be of further help as I have no experience with this setup,

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You are missing. A spring, part number 690354. This spring will cause the choke to return to the fully open position when the control is moved to the run position. The hook end of the spring will hook intl the small slot on the choke arm, upper left corner of your picture. Can’t see where the other end goes on your picture, to the right, but think IT SHOULD HOLD THE CHOKE WIDE OPEN WHEN THE CONTROL IS IN THE RUN POSITION. If you can figure it out post another wider and sharper picture and we’ll figure it out.