Brand new Bluemax chain saw quit on the first job and wont restart

jdwpv4

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Brand new Bluemax chain saw quit on the first job and wont restart
I got a brand new Bluemax 14/20" 45cc 2kW chainsaw, model 50969. It was an overstock and I got it cheap with no warranty but it had never been used.
It started right up and purred like a kitten. Got my tree cut down and half way cut up and then the saw started stalling. Stalled several times in a row and then wouldnt start at all.

Now wont start, wont even pop. Has fuel in it, the same fuel it was running on before it died, properly mixed with oil 40:1. Tried a small squirt of starting fluid, wont pop on that either. Checked for spark - with the small wire from the ignition coil not grounded the spark plug has good hot blue colored spark. Checked compression - 60psi on the first pull, tops out at 110psi.

Im stumped. It should start. It has fuel, it has spark, it has compression.

Any ideas?
Thank you

pugaltitude

Lawn Addict
Threads
Silly question but has caused problems before.

You having nudged the chain brake on without noticing and
trying to start the engine?
This can catch a few out and can sometimes cause difficult starting

Sqwang

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a blue max 45cc chainsaw used only a few times. Recently it stopped starts. It turns out that the fuel tube was broken. After replaced it, it starts. However, when it becomes hot and stopped it, it will not restart. The spark is brand new, the carburetor is cleaned and reinstalled. What a possible reason for this? Thanks for your help

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
I have a blue max 45cc chainsaw used only a few times. Recently it stopped starts. It turns out that the fuel tube was broken. After replaced it, it starts. However, when it becomes hot and stopped it, it will not restart. The spark is brand new, the carburetor is cleaned and reinstalled. What a possible reason for this? Thanks for your help
so it will not restart when hot, or does it die when it gets hot?

Sqwang

Forum Newbie
Threads
No, it does not die once it starts. Thanks