Brakes Failed Cub Cadet XT1

Refus

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi everyone,

First time post. I just bought a Cub Cadet XT1 LT50 Endoru. I have maybe 15 mins run time. I drove it down a hill and the brakes failed. No brakes at all. I had to dive off the mower and it crashed into my shed. The mower starts up and seem ok from the crash.

Is this a problem with Cub Cadet? Im pretty upset. Im now nursing a sprang ankle and neck over this.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Call the dealer as it sounds like the brake are not even connected at the hydro unit.

Refus

Forum Newbie
Threads
Call the dealer as it sounds like the brake are not even connected at the hydro unit.
Brakes seemed ok on flat ground. But not on a hill. Also notice there is almost no power in reverse. I will call the dealer on Monday. Wonder if anyone could shed any light on what is going on. This is a brand new mower.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
If I look up the right model number it has a Tuff Torq K46 with internal braking system.

Mower King

Threads
Hi everyone,

First time post. I just bought a Cub Cadet XT1 LT50 Endoru. I have maybe 15 mins run time. I drove it down a hill and the brakes failed. No brakes at all. I had to dive off the mower and it crashed into my shed. The mower starts up and seem ok from the crash.

Is this a problem with Cub Cadet? Im pretty upset. Im now nursing a sprang ankle and neck over this.
That must have been a heck of a hill. If your mower ever gets away from you,so to speak, shut the engine off immediately.
That is a strange one for sure. We sell Cub Cadets, among others, and we have a 2 page PDI sheet for CC that checks several dozen points on each mower, operational and safety as well before we sell them. Definitely call the dealer you bought it from about that problem!

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Being a hydrostat transmission the hydro should of held it back without brakes. I am guessing something broke and allowed the axle to freewheel or that is one steep hill and it was sliding the tires going downhill.