Brake/clutch pedal

murrayman381

Threads
Have a 2015 30"Murray rear engine mower that wheels are locked up when in neutral and brake is off. Will move when engine running and in gear. Model# 13AC26JD058
Serial# 1A235820177. Could use some ideas as to what is wrong. Friend died and his wife gave it to me with no manual.

Thanks in advance for any help

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
I would either suspect that the Neutral isn't really in neutral or the parking brake is hanging up enough to allow it to move but may be hard to push.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Click on above for operators & parts manuals, then:" Find your manual".
Note:Wiring schematics are on pages 18 & 19 in Parts Manual. See page 23 in Operators Manual "Rear Wheels". Pull rear wheels & put antiseize compound on axle shafts. Most auto parts stores have small packets of antiseize at counter, 1 packet per axle should be enough to apply liberally. If you register with MTD online, you may get discounts from time to time.

Last edited:

murrayman381

Threads
Manuals really helped. Adjusted disc brake. Replaced spark plug and blade too. Running and mowing like it was new.
Thanks for the help.

murrayman381

Threads
Having problems with disc brake again. Anybody have a picture of the entire assembly? MTD doesn't have any pics or drawings of what it is supposed to look like. If I back off the adjustment nut enough to get mower to roll in neutral it wont stop when running and in gear.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Inspect all brake parts on page 12 in parts manual for wear & or replacement. Let us know how it goes, thanks, Mark

murrayman381

Threads
I looked at page 12 and all it shows is brake rod. I need to see the rotor and yolk assembly. Also how far back should pedal be when brake is released. My pedal hardly moves at all. Thanks, Tom

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
See page 24 in operators manual for parking brake adjustment. Your mower does not have a rotor brake set up like vehicles do.