Brake cleaner etc.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Looks like walmart is the cheapest place to get it now.... 2.97 for 14oz..... O'reilly's went up to 3.99 a can 14oz !!!

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
flammable or non-flammable, chlorinated or non-chlorinated? Some folks use soapy water and a bucket to collect it.

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
Geez I am so happy I stocked up on this stuff in 1973. :)

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Not worried about the price since I don't use the stuff. It like the price of meat is sky high doesn't affect me much as I avoid it; although, I have a rib eye roast in my freezer that I paid 3.99/lb for a couple weeks ago on sale.

But yes prices are skyrocketing every where and we got to pay attention on our needs. I just needed 2 inch flat idler pulleys. With research I got them for under $10 ea with free shipping where Hustler is over $20 plus shipping.

RBI one my distributor just jacked their flat rate shipping to $12.95 plus with an added handling charge of $1.87. This is the second and third shipping charge hike this year from them. They are even adding the $1.87 handling fee to their free ship orders. All this on top the regular price hikes on parts. Prices changing so fat now the downloaded prices are useless expect for the supersede info. I am having to reprice everything on every repair now based on the latest price.

The only good thing that happen with parts is Stens increased my discount rate so I am surely making use of it. I done nearly double my orders from them. I think my Stens sales rep is happier.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have a mechanics account at o'Reillys so i get a discount plus i buy brake cleaner by the case and get a discount on quantity. I use quite a bit of the stuff.

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
Brake Cleaner and Berrymans - if I didn't have those, premium glass beads, and a parts washer I'd be up s_ creek.

rustycat

Threads
The best and cheapest cleaner I use I get at the dollar tree store. It called totally awesome. I mix it 50/50 with water and put it in a spray bottle. It cleans mowers and is a great degreaser. Cost a $1.25 and is non toxic to everything. Cleans chrome wheels real good also and stove tops.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
The best and cheapest cleaner I use I get at the dollar tree store. It called totally awesome. I mix it 50/50 with water and put it in a spray bottle. It cleans mowers and is a great degreaser. Cost a $1.25 and is non toxic to everything. Cleans chrome wheels real good also and stove tops.
which dollar store chain?