Bradley Stand-On Mower Purchase?

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
I've been considering replacing my 2002 Exmark Turf-Tracer HP hydro walk-behind mower with a stand-on unit. I run it with a stand-on swivel-wheel sulky 99% of the time, so essentially I've turned it into a stand-on machine. It's really my primary mowing machine. It's the first off the trailer and I use it to mow my smaller lawns and to cut in around the edges on most of my larger ones. It's been a great machine but it has thousands of hours on it, the engine has started to burn a little oil and I'd like something with a bit more speed and a reverse that's faster and easier to keep engaged. A quick deck height adjustment would be nice too...you kind of get tired of pulling and replacing 4 pins every time you want to change your cutting height. I should be able to cut most of the areas that I currently use my Turf Tracer for, with the exception of a couple of steep slopes that I could just hit with a trimmer. I could start loading my 21 inch machine again too.

I've checked out the Bob-Cat Quickcat and it's a nice machine but it's about $8,000. I have an excellent local Bob-Cat dealer and they're really the reason I switched from Exmark to Bob-Cat when it was time for a new Z rider. But this Bradley is very similar to the Bob-Cat unit and can be had for around $4,500. Yes, it's made in China with final assembly in the USA. The reviews I've seen of it are pretty good. Likewise customers seem to be pleased overall with Bradley support and parts. A guy I know who was a landscaper at the fringe of my territory now owns a small mower shop and is selling them. His shop is about 45 minutes away and I know he'll take care of me to the best of his ability. It's really tempting...it's kind of hard to ignore this machine at $4,500. I love my Kawi engines but the 16HP Vanguard I had on my leaf sucker was an excellent engine.

So talk me out of buying this. I would probably get the 48 incher.

https://www.bradleymowers.com/products/bradley-48-stand-on-compact-mower-briggs-vanguard?taxon_id=5

Last edited: