Br800 magnum

Mad_mat222

Threads
Greetings,
this machine won’t run. Plug is good and I replaced the coil which I now believe wasn’t the issue. Still could be wrong but the chances of a dud coil arriving is pretty slim. What am I missing. I disconnected the kill switch wire from the coil and still no spark. Coil is gapped correctly. I was cranking it over using a drill so plenty of revs.

im struggling.
new coil + good plug+ attached to machine and earthed correctly = spark

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Did you install the new coil right way round ?
They are polarity sensitive .
Did you buy an engine branded magneto, aftermarket one from a genuine mower parts supplier or a defective one from Scammazon or Evilpay ?

Mad_mat222

Threads
Did you install the new coil right way round ?
They are polarity sensitive .
Did you buy an engine branded magneto, aftermarket one from a genuine mower parts supplier or a defective one from Scammazon or Evilpay ?
Genuine $200 stihl coil. There is really only one way it can be fitted due to coil lead routing. So yes.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
At cranking speeds the spark on some of these is very feint as they idle near 2000 rpm & run around 10,000 rpm.
The spark that a magneto generates is proportional to the speed that the magnets pass the coil.
So the faster the bigger
The other thing is the air gap
A closer air gap will generate more AMPS as you get better coil saturation.
OTOH it will also be slightly advanced

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
1675927178808.png
Also those CMR plugs can be pretty flakey at times. You said good plug. So I assume you mean a known good plug from a working engine.