Boston Area Residential Snow Removal Pricing! Please Help

NadRash

Threads
  • / Boston Area Residential Snow Removal Pricing! Please Help
I own a 20 customer landscape business in and around the city of Boston. most of my customers would like me to remove snow for them during the winter I own two 28 inch snowblowers but I am having a hard time pricing snow removal.
I understand 8" of heavy wet snow will take longer to move thus should cost more than 8" of light fluffy snow and I have explained that to my customers. does anybody have any good advice as to how I can give a fair but decent price to my customers? Is $ per sq ft best or $ per inch...or a flat rate? I want to make money but also want to make customers happy and it also always me to stay intouch w/them to guarantee there business in Spring.

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
Not per square feet. Too many variables (curved, slope, etc). Flat rate is good.

detdrbuzzard

Threads
back when I did snow I charged a flat rate mostly for residential customers

gfp55

Threads
Find a faster way to move snow.004.jpg50" blower.

gfp55

Threads
How much HP to run that snow blower?
16-17 HP That tractor has a 17-HP Kohler series II. I can clear a 200' X 50' driveway in 5 minutes.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
16-17 HP That tractor has a 17-HP Kohler series II. I can clear a 200' X 50' driveway in 5 minutes.

I run a 12HP Kohler Magnum and its a little on the under power side running a 36" single stage snow blower. On top of that it uses a lot of fuel. Looks like a nice outfit you have there.

gfp55

Threads
Thank you, Years ago I had a craftsman with I think a 8 or 9 HP tracked two stage 26" blower that loved to guzzle gas. I have a very long driveway and it would take close to 2 hours and 2-3 tanks of gas to do the whole drive if it snowed 6"-8". Do you have pictures of your blower?