Bogging Down

KigerDave

Forum Newbie
Threads
We have a BadBoy Outlaw with a Yamaha EFI engine. When mowing for a little bit the mower bogs down or just quits. If you disengage the blades it will stay running. This happens after we have been mowing for about 15 minutes. Any ideas on what might be causing mower to do this?

BigBlueEdge

Threads
Lacking power under load would have me looking at the air & fuel systems. Is the air filter clean? Does the fuel filter need replacement? Is the fuel tank vent unplugged and functional? Kinked fuel line? If all that checks out, then perhaps consider cleaning the carb if it is not an EFI engine.

How old is the unit? How many hours on it? Will it run wide open OK without the blades running (you just said it runs, not specifying the throttle position)?

Rob

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The governor is not working to allow the engine to respond to extra load or one side of the engine is not working.
For the latter you will feel one exhaust is a lot hotter than the other .
IF it is the governing then it will be one of the engine sensors and I have no access to Yamaha engine information.
If it is the latter you can do things like swap the spark plugs then the coils ( one at a time ) left right and see if the problem changes sides

RickyBobby17b

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just went through the same thing check to see that you have spark to both plugs. Mine was one ignition coil was bad, maybe you have something as simple as a bad spark plug. Run the engine and pull off one spark plug cap. If it still is running replace cap and try other side. If it still runs then you know that’s not it

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
We have a BadBoy Outlaw with a Yamaha EFI engine. When mowing for a little bit the mower bogs down or just quits. If you disengage the blades it will stay running. This happens after we have been mowing for about 15 minutes. Any ideas on what might be causing mower to do this?
Is it still under warranty? The mower is warranted for 2 years and the engine is warranted for 3 years.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Check the battery voltage running with the blades on
If it is less than 13 V you have an electrical problem
And as MParr said "Take it Back "

HunterTR

Threads
Bringing this thread back. Did you ever determine what the issue was? Reading through the forum it seems like there are quite a few similar issues, including the one I am having with my mower right now. Thanks -