blowing fuses

SlopeMan2

Threads
Would appreciate advice about my ZT 60" Bad Boy blowing fuses. It sure seems like when I pull back on the right control lever, is when it happens. I have studied the wiring harness, and anything else visible, but, even after replacing many fuses, it still does it. Runs great, until I pull that lever too hard. And, it doesn't seem to happen every time - just too often. Thanks guys. Sure enjoy reading about all the problems, and possible solutions.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Check the wires carefully for exposed wire and in particular around the right lap bar

Also around the fuse holder.
Fuse holders on ZTR's are a constant source of electrical problems.
None of them have covers, nearly all of them point directly up so water runs down onto the contacts & the wire / crimp interface causing corrosion

SlopeMan2

Threads
Sorry I hadn't noticed your response earlier bert. It was the bi-pass connectors hitting the linkage when pulling back on them. It had finally worn through the cover on the bottom of the connector. You couldn't see the wear when looking down on them. I bi-passed them, and it works fine now. Was exasperating to keep blowing fuses. Thank you.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Thanks for getting back with the final results
It is a great help for others who come along latter