Blade Engagement Cable Install

bjordan

Threads
Hello. I am trying to get an Ariens (made by Husqvarna) 93606 Geared Tractor back in service. I bought it running and driving, but the deck was very rusted through. The deck had been removed from the mower when I bought it. I bought a new deck and I have moved the rest of the needed parts off the old deck to the new deck.

My question is, where does the blade engagement cable (large spring end) attach? Can someone take a look at the diagram below and tell me where (what part number) the cable attaches to? I found where the plastic keeper attaches to, but I think I'm missing a part for the end of the spring attachment??

Thanks in advance!
AriensMower.gif

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
The spring end of the cable connect to bolt #146 between the #40 nut and the #150 washer. the oval part of the cable between the insulated part of the cable and the spring connects on an oval tab near the rear of the deck.

bjordan

Threads
The spring end of the cable connect to bolt #146 between the #40 nut and the #150 washer. the oval part of the cable between the insulated part of the cable and the spring connects on an oval tab near the rear of the deck.
Bingo! Thats it. The washer and clip were not provided with the new deck assembly, but they were still on the old deck.

The deck came with a few replacement parts, among them, the spring in the attached picture below. Can you tell me what it is and where it attaches to the mower deck? I don't have the old one (on the old mower deck) and I don't readily see it in the schematic from the original post.

Thanks again!

Attachments

• AriensSpring.jpg
    AriensSpring.jpg
    624.5 KB · Views: 5

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Not used on that deck. On certain mowers they used an electric pto and that replaces the cable to keep tension on the deck engagement pivot. Basically an easy way to convert a manual engage deck for electric pto clutch engagement

bjordan

Threads
Not used on that deck. On certain mowers they used an electric pto and that replaces the cable to keep tension on the deck engagement pivot. Basically an easy way to convert a manual engage deck for electric pto clutch engagement
Perfect! Thanks - I *think* I am out of questions so far... Thanks to everyone again!