Blade adapter advice

nbpt100

Threads
I am re powering a Snapper walk behind that had a bad B&S engine with a newer used Kohler engine. Engines have the same Torque specs, bolt circle and PTO shaft except for the key way and tapped hole.

I am trying to get a blade adaptor to work without doing a bunch of rework.

The Kohler shaft (25mm dia) is perfect except for the keyway and tapped hole. The Keyway is 3/16" vs. 1/4" and the tapped hole is 7/16-20 vs 3/8-24. The original Snapper blade adaptor will not fit.

The Kohler came off of a Lawnboy. I Only know that because it says it on the plastic cover. I would not even know how to find a Lawnboy blade adapter for this engine. You need the mower model number. The Kohler engine number is not helpful in this case. If I could do a "where used" search on Lawnboy products I may be able to back in to one or two. But can't.

It is impossible to get dimensions on parts like this unless you have it in your hand. Otherwise it would likely be easy and I would not have to ask for ideas. I did look on the Rotary site and found some adaptors with dimensions but nothing in 25mm.

How can I try to get a blade adapter that will meet my needs? I am thinking of the MTD type which have 2 raised bosses on the adapter to keep the blade secure. May be ideal? That would make it easier to then source a universal 21" blade. From what I can see the Lawnboy adapters come with the pulley in one assembly. I dont need that.

What I ideally need is an adaptor with a 25mm bore, 3/16 key, about a 1" blade drop and a 7/16 through hole. I can drill open the hole if need be. thanks for ideas.