Black & Decker CMM 1000 wiring diagram

BillMac15

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just replaced battery. Forgot to take picture of wiring. Can anyone tell me where all the wires go?

MowerMike

Threads
Although this is not a wiring diagram, this video may help you figure it out. I can't tell for sure, but it looks like there may be 3 separate battery connections. The connection in the forground is the internal jumper that connects the two 12 volt batteries in series to form a 24 volt battery, and the background connections are to the mower circuitry with positive wire on top and the negative wire on the bottom.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IhLs756ZZTw

BillMac15

Forum Newbie
Threads
Although this is not a wiring diagram, this video may help you figure it out. I can't tell for sure, but it looks like there may be 3 separate battery connections. The connection in the forground is the internal jumper that connects the two 12 volt batteries in series to form a 24 volt battery, and the background connections are to the mower circuitry with positive wire on top and the negative wire on the bottom.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IhLs756ZZTw

Thanks Mike: I've watched that video about a dozen times. Unfortunately he doesn't show the steps where the negative wires from the battery or the motor hook to the board. Think I have most of it figured out from an old http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/ posting, but now need now to know where the negative cable from the motor connects at the pc board.

Again thanks for the youtube URL.

Luana

Threads
I certainly hope you have your mower back in operation long before now. For others that might read this thread the motor black lead as well as the battery black lead connect to the same point on the circuit board, a hole in the corner that requires a through bolt and a self locking nut. Note that it is NOT necessary to remove any wires from the circuit board to change the battery.

Drum_Phil

Forum Newbie
Threads
the motor black lead as well as the battery black lead connect to the same point on the circuit board, a hole in the corner that requires a through bolt and a self locking nut.

I believe what you stated is incorrect. You are stating that both the motor black lead and battery black lead connect to the same point on the circuit board. This is not the case.

There are two leads that will connect with the negative terminal on the bottom battery.

These are:
-The black/negative wire from the motor.
-The black (& half white) wire that runs from the corner bolt on the circuit board.

Please see the attached photo as reference.

As info, I have a Type 4 but my guess is that these wiring connections are the same for all Types (i.e. 1 - 5).

Hope this helps anyone replacing the batteries for their CMM1000.

Attachments

• 20201109_223939.jpg
    20201109_223939.jpg
    917.3 KB · Views: 38