Black & Decker 22" corded hedge trimmer

Threads
I decided to get a Black & Decker 22" corded hedge trimmer from Home Depot today (won't buy anything gas-powered from there). It was to replace and old B&D hedge trimmer that bit the dust recently. The one I bought today cost only $50. I have only good things to say about it so far. I used it to trim 13 bushes and it did extremely well. It is kind of loud, but hey, I can use headphones on electric equipment too! :tongue: I decided on an electric model because I didn't want to deal with batteries, and I couldn't justify spending $200+ on a gas model since I only would use it a couple of times a year.

hedge trimmer 1.jpg hedge trimmer 2.jpg hedge trimmer 3.jpg

I do not find the cord annoying, and there is a little hook on the back so the cord won't come out. :thumbsup:

hedge trimmer 4.jpg

I am very happy with my purchase!

hedge trimmer 5.jpg hedge trimmer 6.jpg

Before: before.jpg

After: after.jpg

I like the length of the whole unit better than this model: BLACK & DECKER 24 in. 3.3 Amp Hedge Trimmer with Rotating Handle-HH2455 at The Home Depot

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Seems like a shorter bar is a good idea with electric might need more power to drive a longer bar

metz12

Threads
black and deckers hedge trimmers are sweet. i dont know why the gedge trimmers are so good compared to their other tools. i have an old one and i took a wild rose bush down with it. it was about 5'x10'. it did the job great. and im glad your happy with your purchase!

possum

Threads
Black and Decker switches are famous for coming from the factory faulty or lasting about an hour. I went through about a half dozen string trimmer with bad on off switches about five years ago. The hedge trimmer I bout about that time has never had a problem. Nice looking bushes there Fanatic.

X-man

Threads
I have never had a problem with any black & decker products. Both my edger and my hedge trimmer is a black & decker and they work great. The only problem with my hedge trimmer is that it is starting to squeak but at the same time it's starting to get old.

jpbarn45

Forum Newbie
Threads
I had never owned electric hedge trimmers before. I grew up using hand clippers and being a creature of habit I never upgraded. Finally, this season I was too overwhelmed to even attempt cutting back the hedges and bushes around my house in that old manner. Researching products on-line the 2450 model stuck out as the "best workhorse" for the buck. This 2455 trimmer is basically the same unit but with a rotating handle. I highly recommend it.:smile:

dontedw6

Forum Newbie
Threads
Black & Decker HH2455 Dual Blade is great tool! Works great on my bottle brush hedge. The bottle brush grows so fast that I need the 3/4 inch cutting capacity. Packaging is not strong enough to withstand UPS or Fedex transport. Cutter came bent but was able to straighten it out. Amazon price was better any other place.