Bird flu...

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
It is ridiculous to kill up a million chickens just because one bird tests positive for what they call bird flu. It is just plain being paranoid.

1669662005594.png
Even my small flock has colds at times which I treat with terramycin and they recover with 24 hrs usually. Matter of fact one my of hens just had what we call a chest cold and she survived after my treatment. I keep a close eye my flock and treat the whole flock if sign of a cold shows up.

I went to work in chicken house several years ago and they couldn't even figure what killing their hens at the time. I took one look at them and told they needed antibiotics as they had what is blue comb bacteria infection. It could have been resolved with 24hrs but they had get a vet to test them which took a week and another two weeks of penicillin treatment. Meanwhile they were losing up to 200 birds a day. If they just used the terramycin they could saved over 4000 birds.

What if we cull a whole city population because one person tested positive for Covid 19?

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
I hear apple cider vinegar is supposed to be a good, general "Flock Health" supplement for fowl. I always kept some in their water,and never had any issues.