BG55, looking for the right carb

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Took in a blower that had aftermarket carb on it. Customer said the tank, or something was leaking fuel. So I filled it, cranked it, adjust the carb some and ran it. (I didn't check the RPM's). It never would really adjust just right. The high side was only at about 1/4 open. But, it was still running ok, and the response time was ok. Figured it just needed cleaning.
So I got off only to discover it's aftermarket carb. There's no numbers on this carb except for the C1Q. So doing some checking, seems there's a few carbs for this model. C1Q-S50, S48A, S64 & S55.

Labeled on the blower itself is 8A8XS.0274SD; M.D.: 02.08;
Type BG55, SH55
Displ. 27cc

Do those numbers labeled on the sticker have anything to do with getting an exact carburetor? Or are they all the same (jet wise), with just different designs?

Also, it ain't much. But fuel is slowing running down the inlet fuel line. Even with the engine off. I dried everything out before I left it on the bench last night. But from the inlet fuel like connection, there was a line of fuel this morning. It's in the back, so I couldn't tell if it was coming from the carb or the fuel line. I'm guessing the carb, because I filled it up before leaving it over night.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Here is a bulletin showing a change in their carbs in the ipls. So whether or not it has a throttle cable, or throttle rod is an important clue.

Attachments

• bg55.pdf
    279.7 KB · Views: 12

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Here is the overview of that model run, some of those carbs are for the bg45, etc,.
choices.JPG

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
It is so hard to do a little pressure testing of the carburetor inlet to be sure isn't it?

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Here is the overview of that model run, some of those carbs are for the bg45, etc,.
View attachment 63231

A few of those you have in the list are the same as I found. So anyone of them will work? With the exception the throttle plate position and the angle of the fuel line outlets.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I have coffee if you need some. lol 😝
No thanks I just got a 3# can Sunday and already drinking way too much. Three pots a day drinker currently mainly because it is cold here. Probably why up in the middle of the night.

And usually if you are buying the carb from a Stihl dealer you will get the latest version. Use to be able get repair kits for the older carbs but my dealer simply can't get them now.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
A few of those you have in the list are the same as I found. So anyone of them will work? With the exception the throttle plate position and the angle of the fuel line outlets.
No, the one bulletin I posted said there was a change, you need to know if yours has a throttle cable, or rod.