Best multi zone robot for three households

pf_

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi!

I'm a new beginner in this, so please be patient =)

We're three neighbours which is considering buying a robotic lawn mower. Our houses, town houses, has lawns in the back, but also at the sides. I'm attaching a sketch in how it looks, sort of. The green areas are the lawns, the blue the hedges.

We want to know which lawn mower what to buy. We're watching the WORX-lawn mower, but not sure how the multi zone support would work for us.

My thought is that we'll attach the boundary wire through all our lawns, and perhaps also between house A and house Bs hedges, with holes that fits perfectly for the robot at the bottom of the hedge, so it can come through and over to the neighbours lawn, while from house B to C we create a similar path there as well, alternatively it goes through the lawn areas north of the hedge (between the houses) instead.

So I'm having some thoughts here:

- How can we do this with the best connected lawn mower? Can you split up all these lawns in three zones, where each household can queue up their mowing whenever they like? Or is it always some sort of autonomous mode that is the only option for all robot lawn mowers? How could you solve this with WIFI? Or is it GSM that's the only solution for us (considering that we need and want to configure the robot from a distance).
- As mentioned, it's important that we can separate each yard in to zones, and cut each zone in different times, with different settings etc.
- Are there anyone here that has done anything similar to this and can give some suggestions?

Would love some feedback :)
Thanks!

Attachments

• Skärmavbild 2021-06-11 kl. 08.25.18.png
    Skärmavbild 2021-06-11 kl. 08.25.18.png
    151 KB · Views: 1