Best mower for bad drainage areas florida

Topturf

Forum Newbie
Threads
Posting on behalf of my son. He started a lawn care gig at 15 and he has been doing it a few seasons. Doing well but the biggest issue he has is ruts.

He has a scag vride and it does great for the most part. We are in Florida where you did down a foot and you hit water. The drainage around here is terrible, you go between a couple house where it is shady and you leave ruts…. Not on turns / literally straight.

the vride is a little heavy, if there a decent commercial mower that weighs a lot less that he could use on these bad drainage areas. Customers get mad and it’s not really his fault / it’s the home builders that don’t care about drainage. Short of a push mower - what are good options?

Lawn Addict
Threads
Remote control Z.......

TonyPrin

Threads
Keep an eye out for successful competitors and see what they have. Beyond that, you're likely to find that tires (size, tread, pressure options) can play a major role on soft soil performance.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Probably he will need to go to a wide area walk behind with wide wheels
Tractor style mowers distribute their weight better than ZTR's and the Garden tractors with bigger wider wheels will have a lot bigger contact patch
Running lower air pressure will help as will square shouldered tyres although the latter will chop up the grass more on turns

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Could always put on dualies. I have seen one rider here with them and personally I need a hover mower here right now. More water seen than grass.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Seen those hover mowers advertised. How do you get correct cut height on one ?