Bent pushrod

dynamytguy

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have an18.5 briggs intek. Last year I had an intake pushrod bend. After troubleshooting i found the valve guide on exhaust had moved. Repaired that and worked fine for a while. Oops. I didnt threadlock the rocker arm bolts and intake loosened and bent another pushrod. So fixed that and worked fine the rest of the year. This year right off the mower died and it was the exhaust rocker arm bolt that had sripped out. Put in a helicoil and it worked 2 weeks and bent another intake pushrod. The helicoil strippout and rocker arm bolt was loose sgain. Just replaced the head with oem with valves and rocker arm bolts already installed. Adjusted valves to .004 and .006. Cranked it up. Immediately bent intake pushrod. Help. Any ideas.

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
Valve guides move usually because the engine has overheated. Also due to low oil or infrequent oil changes. So the first thing you need to do is pull the engine shroud and see if engine is clean, no dirt/grass/oil/debris on engine and cooling fins. Also no debris packed in between cooling fins and tins. How many hours on engine? What year is it? Valve seat could have possibly moved also. Are you torquing rocker arm bolts down correctly and using blue Loctite?