Belt warranty?

Chick

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 2019 Radius E. The Belt from the engone to the deck broke. Did not wear out, it broke. And, when it broke, it tore a plastic cooling fan attached to one of the pulleys, off. Is this covered under the warranty?

Lawn Addict
Threads
Belts are a wearable item & generally not covered under warranty. But you might wanna check with your Dealer if it is new.

Chick

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yeah, but it did not wear out, it broke, and when it broke, it tore the plastic fan blade off the pulley

Lawn Addict
Threads
I know, but it is in the category of wearable item. Best to talk to your Dealer.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I seen brand new belts to snap to due to impact or a bearing failure. I have one that broke several belts before I found the culprit which was an idler bearing that only one spot that would hang up if it stop at that point. Belts are an expendable item and as said are not usually covered by a warranty. But there are rare exceptions to this rule.

With the pulley having an plastic fan it is possible the fan got into the belt path and broke the belt. I have Hydro Gear transaxles on Hustler Raptors that curl up and do this.

gainestruk

Threads
Most belt shops say if you put it on and belt makes one revaluation it's considered worn or used and they won't take back or replace, doesn't matter if it breaks, you can call them and you might get lucky and get a new belt, but they won't do anything about the broken fan.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Belts are not a warranty item because the factory has no control over the conditions of use.
Belts rarely brake & I am yet to come across a defective belt in the 8 years I have been fixing mowers.
Usually they break as in snap is because a sudden very large load gets applied.
Usually this is either some thing jambing the blades or am object like a rock or seed nut gut stuck between the belt & pulley