Belt Routing for GHT2248 V Kawasaki Mfg.7-03

Convert

Threads
Does anyone have a drawing (picture) of the belt routing for this mower?

There isn't any decal anywhere on the machine.

There is a reference that there is a diagram on the deck (labeled Heavy Duty 10 Ga.) maybe it fell off over the years.

I'm the second owner and i bought this from the original owner.

Thanks
Convert
Tom B

Convert

Threads
Thank you.

Thanks I already have that Manuel, the picture in there is okay ,I can use it but I was looking something a little different, maybe an overhead view of the belts , what I see in this manual is like an angled shot ,and it's somewhat hard to trace the routing around the pulleys .
Thank you again

Convert
Tom B

Last edited:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Where to start
Welcome, I suppose that would be good
Next correctly identifing your mower would have been a big help, it is not all that hard to check
GTH 2248 V would have made things easier .
Even better would have been the numbers as they appear on the tag under the seat because there are 5 variations of this mower

Next there are 3 belts, which one are you wanting to replace.
Primary deck belt ( upper one connected to the engine )
Secondary deck belt ( lower one connected to the blade pulleys)
Transmission belt, goes from the engine to the transmission
Now the actual version is needed for the primary belt because it looks like it was different almost every year.

The IPL shows exactly how the belt is routed and the owners manual seem pretty clear to me

Convert

Threads
Bertsmoibile1

Thank you for your reply.
I identified my machine in the title of my post.

I'm getting the parts ready to replace when the weather decides to start warming up.

All i was asking if there is another diagram available other than whats in the owners manual .

Thank you for your replay
Convert
Tom

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Convert, the number you posted in the title is the series number, not the model and serial numbers that we as techs use to help people. You are assuming that all series tractors are the same. Wrong, as different models have different engines, trannys, drive systems, etc. When I replied earlier I just picked one setup, you came here for help, make sure you don’t bite the hand that feeds you.

AVB

Threads
The mower is a GTH 2248 XP (B or C) since the engine has a July 2003 manufactured date with two belt 48" deck and Kawasaki FH641V engine. OP just needs to remember that the deck primary is the top belt. It has two spring load idler pulleys.

See if this helps.
HUS 48 in deck.png

Convert

Threads
Convert, the number you posted in the title is the series number, not the model and serial numbers that we as techs use to help people. You are assuming that all series tractors are the same. Wrong, as different models have different engines, trannys, drive systems, etc. When I replied earlier I just picked one setup, you came here for help, make sure you don’t bite the hand that feeds you.
Riverts

Thank you for your input.

I'm in no way biting the hand/hands that feeds me.

Like you i offer info on other sites that i frequent and people miss the message(i didn't miss your message ) and i'm not biting any hands.

My expertise is different as we all have life experiences that allow us to get along , and i'm just trying to find the answer/ solution that i didn't understand,

Convert

Convert

Threads

AVB

Thank you for your effort and supplying the diagram of the belt routing , i'm grateful that you took the time to highlight the part diagram.

Your color highlights gave me the answer that was right in front of me .

Thank you again

Convert
Tom