battery string trimmer

RayMcD

Threads
Tell me what you like about your string trimmer. I'm looking for 40v, dual line, bump feed, undecided on var speed or two speed. typically like a curved shaft but will consider a straight shaft. Would prefer it to be easy to load and have decent run time. Thanks, Ray

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
Toro 60V. Hate it. The head failed and HD had to swap it. It was just the string guides that broke but you can't get any parts for the head, or a replacement head. Got to buy a whole nother one. The bump feed I have had on the last couple require bumping while it is running. That either tears up the lawn or the concrete / dirt wears the bump thing, which is not available when it wears thru. I'd gladly go back to my 1990's Poulan corded one. At least I could get parts. All my small engine landscape things have required some kind of maintenance on the engine - Leaf blower, old hedger and Mantis tiller - carbs go bad. New hedger the exhaust has already cracked at low use. I thought the Toro battery powered one would be different, I was wrong. Works good otherwise, lots of power and control - except if the cutting string catches something then it will pull the head right in and destroy itself.

4getgto

Threads
Check out the Ego brand at Lowes, Ace or on line. Forget the exact price $190-220 ? 56volt. Bump feed head, straight shaft. Can run probably 45+ minutes of very heavy cutting. Relatively light weight. Parts are available. Beats gas trimmers all day long in my opinion.