Baffle replacement Velocity deck?

csterl

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am restoring a Tiger Cat with 52" velocity deck, and the welded in baffles on the deck are missing, with the exception of the center part. Can/should they be replaced and, if so, is a replacement part available? I am already having to patch holes on the deck, so a little more welding will not be an issue. I can get some 10 ga metal, but bending it will be a chore.

I will be using this at my house to cut an acre lawn only, no more commercial use for this guy!

Lawn Addict
Threads
Look at pics, & fab ur own... Torch will aid in bending metal.

Chevychopper

Threads
I am restoring a Tiger Cat with 52" velocity deck, and the welded in baffles on the deck are missing, with the exception of the center part. Can/should they be replaced and, if so, is a replacement part available? I am already having to patch holes on the deck, so a little more welding will not be an issue. I can get some 10 ga metal, but bending it will be a chore.

I will be using this at my house to cut an acre lawn only, no more commercial use for this guy!
Just go ahead and replate most of the entire bottom side of deck.
The baffles can be heat bent with a torch or if you have a friend they can be rolled to that shape.
I'd use 1/8" plate...
Currently doing this exact thing on my 60" deck.. flat is done. Getting plate rolled by my brother for baffles
They were paper thin in areas and holes5234 (1).jpeg5414.jpeg5353.jpeg5352.jpeg5353.jpeg

5424.jpeg

Last edited:

Chevychopper

Threads
Nice work !
Btw, that's AR-500 being welded in. Taking my time and welding it in small sections. I don't want it under any stress... Getting 1/8" ar-500 rolled to the baffle shape.. hopefully finishing it up soon.

*Only plan on doing this 1 time*

Lawn Addict
Threads
Careful welding that as the heat can affect the heat treated metal. (But you know this)

And one time is the ticket.. No do-overs needed.