Bad rear end

rachadwell

Threads
I have a 2012 troy-bilt mod#13an77bs011 that will not stay in forward gear I have been told that it is the forward gear its shot so I got the # off the rear end and started looking for parts but I can not find any info for this rear end # 618-04907A, every place I go says no results also when I put in the mower mod# it comes up that it is a 2018 model does anyone have any ideas.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Please double check the model number and post back. When you post back please include the tractor serial number and all engine numbers. I’ve ru into the same problem you have, but might be able to help by coming in the back door.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Most likely the transaxle will need PN 911-05051 driveshaft assembly.

rachadwell

Threads
Please double check the model number and post back. When you post back please include the tractor serial number and all engine numbers. I’ve ru into the same problem you have, but might be able to help by coming in the back door.
Rivets Thankyou for the reply, I think one of the problems that I am having is with my mod# because I think someone changed the seat so the sticker with all the numbers do not match this mower, also the decal for HP on the hood says 17.5 HP witch was probably a briggs now it has a kohler wired in its place but I may be wrong, but why can I not find any info for the rear end unless that has been changed also, rear end Mod# 618-04907A. Thankyou for any help you can think of.

rachadwell

Threads
Most likely the transaxle will need PN 911-05051 driveshaft assembly.
StarTech Thankyou for your reply, I will look into that PN and see if it will work, at this point I will try anything. Thanks again.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Can you put up a pic of the tractor, as well a pic of the tag under the seat?

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
You might look at the point where the shifting mechanism meets the transaxle, and make sure it is allowing it to fully shift into the forward position. Can you put up a pic of the sticker that you are getting that part number from?

rachadwell

Threads
Fish thanks for the reply, That does look like the ring gear and shaft assembly but I need the forward gear, shift collar, and shift fork to repair mine the rest of it looks good, I do thankyou for the help.

rachadwell

Threads
Fish I don`t have any way to post pics, also the gear and shift collar and fork are so worn it wont stay in gear when going forward, but will stay in reverse all day long that was the way the guy was mowing his lawn that I got the mower from, can you believe that.