Engine Bad Boy Starter issue

Tadabailey

Forum Newbie
Threads
I went out this morning to start my bad boy and it would not turn over I went to jump it and it started but then the starter kept engaging it would not shut off I tried to shut the engine off and it kept running. I had to unscrew the wire at the starter in order for the starter to quit running. Now that I put it back together it will not even turn over. Any suggestions?

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
I went out this morning to start my bad boy and it would not turn over I went to jump it and it started but then the starter kept engaging it would not shut off I tried to shut the engine off and it kept running. I had to unscrew the wire at the starter in order for the starter to quit running. Now that I put it back together it will not even turn over. Any suggestions?

Solenoid failed and did not open back up when de-energized.

You can check this with mower sitting.
Put multimeter on ohms setting and see if you have a reading across the two large terminals with wires removed.

With wires off large terminal you can operate key and should hear solenoid operating.

Something hung or stuck...may still be broke or it may have corrected itself when power was removed.