Bad Boy 2020 MZ Magnum

Apachie

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 2020 BB MZM, when mowing, it runs fine, then about 1 hr into mowing, it starts to bog down and not have the mowing power it had prior. When I disenage the PTO switch it runs fine and sounds fine. When this happens, I hear a clicking, which sounds like the engine is cycling through something. Sometimes it comes and goes, then stays. I check the oil, good level. Cleaned air filter, changed gas etc.

Kohler 7000 KT740 725cc - 25hp
54" deck

Any suggestions to what this may be?

Possible PTO switch gets too hot? Or what?

Last edited:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
We need to know what engine is fitted before we can give you any meaning full help .

Bertrrr

Threads
Well if it runs good without the PTO engaged ,you need to look at the Deck , belt - idler Pullys but mainly the spindle bearings - if they get hot and start to seize the belt will start smoking and should be easy to notice.
Pull your deck belt off and roll each spindle individually and feel the bearings , if there is a bad on it will be easy to locate

Apachie

Forum Newbie
Threads
Well if it runs good without the PTO engaged ,you need to look at the Deck , belt - idler Pullys but mainly the spindle bearings - if they get hot and start to seize the belt will start smoking and should be easy to notice.
Pull your deck belt off and roll each spindle individually and feel the bearings , if there is a bad on it will be easy to locate
no smoking as of yet.. maybe that is coming. ?? But will try that. Thanks.

Wonder what the clicking noise is in the engine area when this is happening. It is like it is cycling through something

Bertrrr

Threads
Hard to say right now may be unrelated to the other problem - work them one at a time to isolate where it is coming from, sounds like something is working loose post what you find , good luck

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Unless you are towing or driving up a massive hill the engine will be running on the idle circuit in the carb because it not under significant load.
Whe you turn the blades on you add a high enough load to cause the main jet to come into play
The same thing as pushing the governor with your finger .