Article about ROBOTIC MOWERS

jp1961

Threads
Hi Boobala,

Interesting article on robotic mowers. The article was written by someone overseas, everything is in mm, cm and meters.

I think europeans have smaller yards than in the U.S., so this may work for them, I doubt it will catch on in the U.S. except for the laziest of lazy people.

Think of the lawsuit when your robotic mower runs over your neighbor's guinea pig,,,lol.

Me personally, your mower needs to burn fossil fuels, make you sweat when you use them (exercise) and open to modifications that would make Tim the Tool Man Taylor be envious of you.

Kind of like robotic vacuum cleaners,,,I personally wouldn't consider one.

Regards

Jeff

Last edited:

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hi Boobala,

Interesting article on robotic mowers. The article was written by someone overseas, everything is in mm, cm and meters.

I think europeans have smaller yards than in the U.S., so this may work for them, I doubt it will catch on in the U.S. except for the laziest of lazy people.

Think of the lawsuit when your robotic mower runs over your neighbor's guinea pig,,,lol.

Me personally, your mower needs to burn fossil fuels, make you sweat when you use them (exercise) and open to modifications that would make Tim the Tool Man Taylor be envious of you.

Kind of like robotic vacuum cleaners,,,I personally wouldn't consider one.

Regards

Jeff

Well Jeff, I only put the article out there for members interested in spending BIG money that DON'T enjoy gas powered equipment, I also would NOT consider anything, other than gas powered equipment, EXCEPT my battery powered drill & driver hand tools.

Threads
Electric and robotic lawnmowers are like Harley-Davidson bikes: If i had to explain, you wouldn't understand.

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
Well Jeff, I only put the article out there for members interested in spending BIG money that DON'T enjoy gas powered equipment, I also would NOT consider anything, other than gas powered equipment, EXCEPT my battery powered drill & driver hand tools.

Women are nice...I like my drills and mowers...but

Tommy

Threads
After years of testing numerous electric mower deck setups, I've also come to this same conclusion.
IMG_4696.JPG
But, electric drive systems can't be beat for Robotic mowers.
IMG_4704.JPG

Tommy
Dixon 36" OEM setup.
Gravely 48" Robotic setup.
Both Briggs 14.5hp