Ariens RM1330 Rider Question?

TJP

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello, I'm new here and was hoping someone can answer a question for me. I have looked through the pdf owners manual online for this mower and cannot find the answer, so I'm hoping I can find it here? I have an Ariens RM1330 Riding mower. I think it's a 2003? It has a single nut underneath that is holding the the blade on. I have looked everywhere and cannot find out what size nut it is or if it's SAE or Metric? My SAE socket sized 1-1/16 is too small and 1-1/8 is too big? I was able to use a crescent wrench to tighten down and then measured it after I took it off the nut and it measured 1-1/16th to 1-1/8, I measured the nut itself and it was also that size, so I got those sockets and one is too big and the other is too small. I then tried a 27mm Metric socket as it was the biggest I had and it was also too small. I don't know if this nut is SAE or Metric and I need to get the blade off. If anyone knows the exact size of the nut that holds the blade on please share. I was using a 1/2 inch drive, if that makes any difference. Thanks everyone, and Hello from Iowa!

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Haven't seen one in my shop.

Strange OM mention nut for 30" deck but all the IPL shows a bolt. As for what mm might fit the nut try a 28mm one as 1-1/16 is just shy 27 and 1-1/8 is 28.575mm. You should be using 6 point sockets Twelve point don't always fit very well and tends round off 6 point nuts and bolts heads.

TJP

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for your response. Yep, I only use the 6 point sockets. Although, I seen that some metric sockets also have 6 points as well, I never knew that.

TJP

Forum Newbie
Threads
Okay, I purchased both 6 point sockets in metric in sizes 27mm and 28mm. The 28mm fits loose and the 27mm is too small. I also have the same dilemma with my SAE sockets as well. I got the closest sizes I could to match the nut and again one is just a tad too small and the next size is just a little loose, but not snug. I'm afraid to turn it for fear of rounding off the edges. I'm using a half inch drive if that matters. Any suggestions out there? Thanks!