Ariens Ikon x or Ikon XD 42"

Nitecapt

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am asking this in the pro forum because I don't think the consumer forum will be able to provide the answer that I need. I just retired and can no longer afford a landscaper. I am planning on buying the above mower with a Kawasaki engine. For an extra thousand there is a power assisted bagger. It will pay for itself in 2 years (if I live that long, if not, who cares?) Now, here's the question. I will mulch all the time except for about 3 mowings at the end of the year when I want to mulch, pick up and get the mulched leaves into my bags for a clean lawn and the mulch pile in my yard. I have not been able to get a straight answer from a local dealer or Ariens on this. How difficult is it to put on and then remove the rear bagging system? Is all the work done above the deck? Are there any baffles below that need to be changed or removed in order to make the changeover? I would bet that someone here knows this answer.
Thanks
Ray

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
From a review on Mowers Direct site.

"Removing the bagging system when not in use involves removing 3 thumb wheels, the pump-assist belt cover, pump-assist drive belt, chute and re-installing the original belt cover. The pump-assist unit will lift right off the deck. Took probably 5 minutes to remove everything."

Also, the kit comes with the required tow hitch.