Ariens Hydro Tractor Transmission not engaging with motion lever.

WiscoBill

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Ariens Hydro Tractor Transmission not engaging with motion lever.
Hello, I have an Ariens 42 inch Hydro Tractor model 936038 (Kohler 19 HP) . The motion lever is not working, The bar 279 in the parts diagram was hanging loose. I presume the cotter pin/spring clips broke. I reattached it to the forward hole on the triangular shaped plate on the trans-axle but there is no tension when I move the motion lever forward or reverse so I presume something else is also not connected between there and the motion lever. Looking at the parts diagram I am not figuring out what it is though. The triangular plate has two holes. There is a spring bolt holding it against the trans-axle. All that seems fine. I presume that triangular plate has to move (rock) to go from forward to reverse and vary the speed. Are you able to direct me on how to diagnose / repair this?

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
see if this diagram helps, let us know, thanks, Mark
Remove deck for easy access. Use Ariens OEM parts. Is drive belt on & in good shape? Check three idler pulleys for bearing wear by hand, items 50, 52, 231.

Last edited:

WiscoBill

Forum Newbie
Threads
So it turns out the diagram is not correct. I had used it previous putting the like in the forward hole. I put the link in the top hole and now it works great. Just finished cutting my grass.

WiscoBill

Forum Newbie
Threads
So it turns out the diagram is not correct. I had used it previous putting the like in the forward hole. I put the link in the top hole and now it works great. Just finished cutting my grass.
Thank you for your reply. I tried to post am mp4 but it was too large and I don't know how to edit it. I appreciate this site.