Apple Scmapple

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Holy hell. So I did a little checking and found I could get 7 days of Apple TV for free. WOO HOO.
So I'd finished heating up my supper, sat in my chair with remote control, supper and a big glass of tea.
I'm ready to watch the Great Pumpkin.
Download the Apple app to the Roku. Click on it. The go through all the prompts, name, CC number etc etc. Up pops up the code I need to retrieve from my email. I get that off the phone, push it in. Then it goes to having to set up an apple account. Crap.
So I go back to my phone to apple website, go through all that BS. Then it sends me another code in my email.
Ok, no problem. Back to the email for that code. Copy it. Now I can't go back to the screen where I'm supposed to put in the code. It's gone.
Go back to the Roku app and try to sign in, since I've already created the account (I thought). But no username exists. Are you friggin kidding me?
Eat supper. Watch something on Hulu. clean the kitchen, wash dishes. Then back to this Apple business.
Go to the laptop and go through all the crap again. Get signed in. Everything looks to be a go. Right?
Wrong.
Get laid down in bed, turn on Apple TV. I'm signed in. Click on the Great Pumpkin, then it asks, "Do you want the 7 days free, @ $4.99 per month?" Click yes.
Are you sure?
Click yes.
Are you really sure?
Holy hell, YES!!!
" By clicking yes, there's no turning back. Are you like super duper sure?"
For F's sakes, YES!!!!!!!!!

Finally, it's playing. All the way til Linus and Marcy are in the pumpkin patch waiting. Marcy's telling Linus that if the Great Pumpkin doesn't show up, she'll pound him.

Then I fall asleep.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Holy hell. So I did a little checking and found I could get 7 days of Apple TV for free. WOO HOO.
So I'd finished heating up my supper, sat in my chair with remote control, supper and a big glass of tea.
I'm ready to watch the Great Pumpkin.
Download the Apple app to the Roku. Click on it. The go through all the prompts, name, CC number etc etc. Up pops up the code I need to retrieve from my email. I get that off the phone, push it in. Then it goes to having to set up an apple account. Crap.
So I go back to my phone to apple website, go through all that BS. Then it sends me another code in my email.
Ok, no problem. Back to the email for that code. Copy it. Now I can't go back to the screen where I'm supposed to put in the code. It's gone.
Go back to the Roku app and try to sign in, since I've already created the account (I thought). But no username exists. Are you friggin kidding me?
Eat supper. Watch something on Hulu. clean the kitchen, wash dishes. Then back to this Apple business.
Go to the laptop and go through all the crap again. Get signed in. Everything looks to be a go. Right?
Wrong.
Get laid down in bed, turn on Apple TV. I'm signed in. Click on the Great Pumpkin, then it asks, "Do you want the 7 days free, @ $4.99 per month?" Click yes.
Are you sure?
Click yes.
Are you really sure?
Holy hell, YES!!!
" By clicking yes, there's no turning back. Are you like super duper sure?"
For F's sakes, YES!!!!!!!!!

Finally, it's playing. All the way til Linus and Marcy are in the pumpkin patch waiting. Marcy's telling Linus that if the Great Pumpkin doesn't show up, she'll pound him.

Then I fall asleep.
All that sounds about normal.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
All that sounds about normal.

Normal? Holy hell, I didn't have 1/2 that problem with Hulu, Prime Video, or ANY of the others.
BTW, when I went to watch the rest of the great pumpkin on the living room TV, where all that started, it's was the same damn thing all over again.
Wrong password, registered your account, codes to punch in. I ended up having to come back to the laptop to do it all over, just on a different Roku device.

So I'm thinking, I'm going to use 6 days of the free stuff, then start the cancelling process before the 7th day. That'll give me time to go through all the BS I'm sure they'll throw at me to try and keep me.