Anybody else keeping an old JS40 running still?

59ctd

Threads
It seems that at least one of them needs repairs of some sort when first use in the spring. I think I had bad gas last fall they all gave me problems but with new gas two are fine now. The oldest of them needs a new carb which I have two on hand.

I've learned a few things over the years about these...
  • After taking the back belt/drive cover off to fix whatever doesn't work just leave the dang thing off to easily remove sticks and pine cones, etc that jamb up the drive belt.
  • Don't wash them down with water and put them away. The bowl shape in the drive system idler pulleys will let water sit there and rust/seize the bearing.
1685132215690.png

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
My man.... I thought I was the only one with his and hers push mowers. Soooo romantic. Wife and I do a little pushing if you know what I mean on Saturday's.

59ctd

Threads
@slomo Your signature reminded me to check and clean out the cooling fins on my B&S Intek engine. The narrow cooling shroud on the side/under of the cylinder always gets totally clogged with clippings especially when I use the mower to mulch leaves in the fall. 1 of 3 done so far with before/after pics...
1685198888191.png1685198900165.png