Any suggestions for grass catcher for Troy-Bilt 34020?

mark34020

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Any suggestions for grass catcher for Troy-Bilt 34020?
It's a 21" mulcher built around 1994 by Garden Way. Rather beat up but still works great. In years past I've been mulching my leaves(1/3 acre yard with LOTS of trees) but I'd like to start collecting the mulch for compost. Any chance I'm going to find a grass catcher that will work on this mower? I called Troy-Bilt, but the current owners couldn't help me, they don't even have a part number. Page 28 of owner's manual(attached) shows a "boot" as part of the bagger assembly. Note in pic 4-14 that the mower doesn't have a flip-up chute, just a "door" on the side where you would attach the boot. A lot of Googling hasn't helped me find anything that would work with this. Couldn't find anything new or used on Ebay or Craigslist. Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

mower.jpg

dougand3

Threads
No clue where you'd find the boot and bagger. But if you did, bet they would cost WAY more than a good, used bagger mower on CL or FB. You can find them for $60 as good runners or $20 if you can work on the carb. You can have a mulcher mower and a bagger mower. If only space for 1 mower, you could find bad engine bagger mower for $10 and put your engine/blade/cables on it.

mark34020

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the suggestion! Don't know why I didn't think of that in the first place! Feeling kind of dumb :laughing:
No clue where you'd find the boot and bagger. But if you did, bet they would cost WAY more than a good, used bagger mower on CL or FB. You can find them for $60 as good runners or $20 if you can work on the carb. You can have a mulcher mower and a bagger mower. If only space for 1 mower, you could find bad engine bagger mower for $10 and put your engine/blade/cables on it.

dougand3

Threads
Yeah, CL and FB are good for engine stuff. Eg:
Clipboard01.jpg