Any other Ford 100 owners out there?

Ford100

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just acquired my Dad's Ford 100 garden tractor. Anybody else out there have one?
Joe in NH

mrford49

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have two Ford garden tractors . One is a LGT 145 with a 18 hp twin that I just installed and runs great. And a LGT165 that needs an engine and I will put a 22 hp or larger engine in that tractor.

Mace Canute

Threads
I have an old ford 100 garden tractor, bought it over 20 years ago now! Wow! Does time fly! :) I haven't used it for a few years now, lent it to a friend to cut their acreage before they got a ride on mower and it's still at their place. I had installed a 20(?) HP Briggs and Stratton engine in it just for the heck of it. Bit of a job since the crankshafts were different sizes...had to turn up an adapter on the lathe.

wayne

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have two Ford garden tractors . One is a LGT 145 with a 18 hp twin that I just installed and runs great. And a LGT165 that needs an engine and I will put a 22 hp or larger engine in that tractor.

Were these tube frame LGT's

lizard

Threads
The Briggs and Stratton motors are nicknamed ......Bang and Stop.......in Australia.........they are the worst engines for vibration.......absolutely !:mad:

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
The Briggs and Stratton motors are nicknamed ......Bang and Stop.......in Australia.........they are the worst engines for vibration.......absolutely !:mad:

B&S has been around the states forever... The early industrial large single cylinder Rope start... not a recoil rope , but an actual wind the rope around the large pulley on the engine...
That was a very well built BIG heavy, aircooled engine.

The smaller lighter push mower versions have been made in the millions and are amazingly good reliable power units... even the larger light weight twins are for the most part reliable... but like with all small air cooled engines, some maintenance is required... a regular oil change is a must. Don't over load... and Do keep the cooling system clean and clear of obstructions... :smile:KennyV

Mace Canute

Threads

We call them "Briggs and Scrap Iron" here :biggrin:

steve p

Forum Newbie
Threads

weren't all the early models out there tube frames? i have a lgt100 and it has a tube frame , overall it needs a bit of work but the price was right ... free .

DaveTN

Threads
I don't own any, but my friend has two. One has a 14HP cast iron Kohler in it. The other one "had" and I mean "HAD" a 16 HP cast iron Kohler in it until the shade-tree machine shop cut the sleeve off-center in an attempt to rebuild it. It threw a rod and is in a heap in the corner now. Those old K series are tough engines, and the Ford 100's and higher are HEAVY and TOUGH machines. I am looking for an engine to put in his FORD that blew the engine. Sometimes those carbs can be touchy and temperamental to keep running. I've had problems out of his K-14 keeping it adjusted.

DaveTN

Threads

My friend has a big Ford 165 that blew an engine. What kind of engine are you replacing yours with?
His had the cast iron, side-shaft , K engines. Any trouble switching over?