Any OEM or aftermarket chute covers/blocker to fit 2017 Simplicity Broadmoor 44" deck?

macy5

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Any OEM or aftermarket chute covers/blocker to fit 2017 Simplicity Broadmoor 44" deck?
I always side discharge when mowing but would love an option to just be able to close the chute for a couple of areas here and there when needed. It would prevent me from getting a push mower out. I'm not sure if this is an option for a 2017 Broadmoor, I have not been able to find one the last few years. I would just have a mulch kit put on, but with my health it is too hard to put it on and take it off every year, I've also read a lot about mulching kits leaving streaks of clumped grass behind, which is why I do not want to mulch all the time. I know JD makes a mow on demand deck now, that switches back and forth, that option is exactly what I am looking for, sadly Simplicity does not make these. I won't be replacing my mower, so hoping there are options out there. Any advice is appreciated.
My tractor is 2017 Simplicty Broadmoor Model Number 2691334-02 and has a Briggs and Stratton Deck

Last edited:

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
  • / Any OEM or aftermarket chute covers/blocker to fit 2017 Simplicity Broadmoor 44" deck?
Please post the units model number so we can identify exactly which deck you have.

bkeller500

Threads
I always side discharge when mowing but would love an option to just be able to close the chute for a couple of areas here and there when needed. It would prevent me from getting a push mower out. I'm not sure if this is an option for a 2017 Broadmoor, I have not been able to find one the last few years. I would just have a mulch kit put on, but with my health it is too hard to put it on and take it off every year, I've also read a lot about mulching kits leaving streaks of clumped grass behind, which is why I do not want to mulch all the time. I know JD makes a mow on demand deck now, that switches back and forth, that option is exactly what I am looking for, sadly Simplicity does not make these. I won't be replacing my mower, so hoping there are options out there. Any advice is appreciated.
FWIW....I just went to Home Depot and purchase a small piece of aluminum and bent it and attach it with 2-wing nuts. I drilled two holes in the deck and added two bolts and L-brackets for support. And I install it for the initial trim lap around the flower beds and pop it off for the remainder of the cutting session. It took all of a 1/2 hour to make. probably spend under $10.00

macy5

Forum Newbie
Threads

macy5

Forum Newbie
Threads
The part you are looking for seems to only come as part of the mulch kit. Here is a site which covers the kit for your unit. I suggest you contact your Simplicity dealer and see if he can get you one without buying the full kit. https://www.jackssmallengines.com/j...-grass-mulcher-kit-44/44-50-grass-mulcher-kit
Thank you so much for your reply. I will go look at the part, I would need it to either be on a hinge where I could lift it up and down as needed, or at worst attach it with butterfly type nuts so it is at least easily removable. Looks like part #1 on diagram is only 20.00 cheaper than the whole mulch kit. If that does lift up and down, I wonder if I am better off having the whole kit on and still side discharging with it if I wanted. Not quite sure how this all works.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I’m thinking that may be an error, which is why I suggest you contact your local dealer. They can contact Simplicity and find out if you can get the door.