Any ideas on what the small filter on the left does

Atvram

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Any ideas on what the small filter on the left does
I was curious on why or what the second small gas filter on the left does? It seems to T-off the main gas line. 25hp Brigs in a Ferris IS 60041197.jpeg

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Part of the venting for the fuel system. The filter is to keep debris from getting into the lines.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
It is supposed to be charcoal impregnated to capture fuel fume
It may have a separate charcoal canister. My Kawasaki Mule SX has a similar setup. My Mule has a standard fuel filter like that and a charcoal canister.
OP: By the way, that’s not a fuel line, that’s the venting lines. The fuel line has the larger outside diameter and goes to the larger filter in the right of the photo.

Last edited:

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
It may have a separate charcoal canister. My Kawasaki Mule SX has a similar setup. My Mule has a standard fuel filter like that and a charcoal canister.
OP: By the way, that’s not a fuel line, that’s the venting lines. The fuel line has the larger outside diameter and goes to the larger filter in the right of the photo.
Solid Machine you have there. (y)

Atvram

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks everyone

Wadejesu

Forum Newbie
Threads
I thought my ISX2200 was leaking oil, Turned out to be fuel coming out of that vent filter when tanks are full, I placed a hose on open barb and ran it down towards ground behind hydro. seems to have cured problem.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I thought my ISX2200 was leaking oil, Turned out to be fuel coming out of that vent filter when tanks are full, I placed a hose on open barb and ran it down towards ground behind hydro. seems to have cured problem.
Don’t overfill your fuel tanks. There should be something in your operators manual about filling your tanks. The bottom of the filler neck is usually a little below the vent and fuel lines in the tank. Fill just to the bottom of the filler neck.
Also, that filter is there to prevent dust, dirt, and trash from working it’s way into your fuel system.