Any ideas for a hard or soft sun shade or canopy for a LT?

AcadGrad81

Threads
  • / Any ideas for a hard or soft sun shade or canopy for a LT?
Anyone "out there" ever made a functional sun shade or canopy for your LT? I'm thinking of starting with a golf cart hard top (cut down appropriately) for a summer shade, but possibly adaptable for a winter wind break or snow cab. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

noma

Threads
Hi A cheaper and easyer way to do this would be to wear a straw hat with a very wide brim. Don't now if you have any thing you have to get under like a trees or something ,but it going to hit every thing you drive under unless you don't make it very tall but then you are not going to see very well.And if you don't make it very tall you will hit your head every time you get off to do something and that could be painfull So the hat and sun screen will be the best i think. Good luck

Greenblades

Threads
Noma has a good point. However if you go with it, I would think some sort of soft canopy over the framing you want would work better. This way you could collapse it for easy storage or fix it so you could take it off if necessary. Also wash it. I'm thinking thick canvas.

Roger

Threads
Mower's Direct has some too but the cheapest I caught (and its only one) was about 60USD, the rest were well over the 150USD mark and I am not sure if you want to spend any, at least that much on something you might be able to do at home instead.

stanley

Threads
No ideas here except the wide brim straw hat and sunscreen. Or maybe even a large umbrella attached to the side of the seat somehow.

AcadGrad81

Threads
No ideas here except the wide brim straw hat and sunscreen. Or maybe even a large umbrella attached to the side of the seat somehow.
Thanks, everyone for the ideas. I had wondered about the feasibility of clamping an umbrella somewhere, or maybe mounting a floor flange on the seat pan behind the seat as a base or socket. Perhaps I could cut down a boat top frame and use deck hinges on the seat pan in the rear and mount something on the footrests. If it's adaptable to a winter cab top, I could push snow without the stuff coming down my neck. Since I own it, the fun comes from experimenting on something that isn't in a beauty contest or a candidate for an outdoor magazine article. :) Sometimes I have to endure my family's ribbing though and my neighbors have probably come to expect wacky ideas on my LT.