Anti-scalp Wheel Adjustment

Hydestone

Threads
Is it best to adjust the anti-scalp wheels based on your standard cutting height? Ie, since I typically cut on level 5, should I adjust the wheels using that height as the baseline?

Cool-Ace

Threads
I feel it depends on how flat the ground lays vs the deck size . I just got a 54 this yr and now want to replace it with a 48 . In most cases 42 is good for average yards , but I like to set the deck wheels so they hold the deck just off the ground . Then I will adjust the deck so when I drop the deck to lv 3 it will stop when wheels are down . This way when going over low to shallow ditch or spot in yard that are unlevel I then can manually handle the deck to cut lower as I ride over them thus cutting with less of a high place . Still with a deck 46 and higher ur going to have high and low spots of grass will at least you can make them look better . Also depends on mowers and the driver are you an artist when it comes to the yard ;) I am and don't like when I am done and look over yard to see the grass 6 inches higher in low spots cause deck did not drop low enough between front and back wheels . Just my 2 cents :)
:cool:-Ace

keakar

Threads
i set them so they sit 1" below the deck, they are there to stop the deck from hitting the ground, they are NOT used as wheels for decks to ride on all the time, they just arent made for that