Another snapper procured. SR1433

Patman68

Threads
Hello I done it again, I purchased another SNAPPER!!

Got an SR1433, from a local guy for $250 has a 15hp Kohler Command. Mower seems to be in good shape on the hole but does have a few tiny rust holes in the deck, Mostly under the belt guard. There is one problem though of which I do not seem to be able to figure out. The top part of the silver tag containing the Model number is torn off so I have no idea on the model number. The previous owner replaced the disc but I am not sure why it is rubbing against the lift yoke especially in 1st gear. I have tried adjusting the cable to the brake petal but that did not seem to help. Any ideas and how can I find a manual for mine without the model number. And how to fix the problem with the lift yoke.

Patman

Patman68

Threads
snap1.jpg

snap2.jpg

snap3.jpg

snap4.jpg

And here are some pics of the new project..:wink:

Snapperfreak

Threads
Hey that looks good. First, I would check eBay for manuals. My 33" rer is a 2004 331623BVE re-powered with a 12hp Briggs. The best I could guess on yours is it's a 1990s model. I know that's not much help but maybe if the engine is original u could use the model/type/code off of it to help. As for the disc, there should be two Allen-head bolts on the disc that attach it to the engine shaft. Maybe backing those off a bit and moving the disc up or down might help? I'm kinda new to the rer thing but I thought I'd offer all the info I have.

Snapperfreak

Threads
Forgot to ask....................how many other snappers do u have??

Patman68

Threads
Hey that looks good. First, I would check eBay for manuals. My 33" rer is a 2004 331623BVE re-powered with a 12hp Briggs. The best I could guess on yours is it's a 1990s model. I know that's not much help but maybe if the engine is original u could use the model/type/code off of it to help. As for the disc, there should be two Allen-head bolts on the disc that attach it to the engine shaft. Maybe backing those off a bit and moving the disc up or down might help? I'm kinda new to the rer thing but I thought I'd offer all the info I have.

The disc is the part on the gear box with the rubber strip around it that hits the drive wheel you are referring too on the engine shaft. Though that may be the answer perhaps that will let the gear box tilt up more thus clearing the lift yoke. I will see and let you know thanks.

Patman

Patman68

Threads
The disc is the part on the gear box with the rubber strip around it that hits the drive wheel you are referring too on the engine shaft. Though that may be the answer perhaps that will let the gear box tilt up more thus clearing the lift yoke. I will see and let you know thanks.

Patman
*****UPDATE*****

I found the problem it was the clutch/brake cable that was way to loose I used all the spacers on the petal and it did pull it off the disc but not by much seems the cable has streched a bit too long. May be time for a replacement cable.

Mow Joe

Threads
Make sure your belt is the correct tension first. Belt adjustment changes the length of the mower, which affects the cables. Steel cables don't stretch.

Patman68

Threads
Make sure your belt is the correct tension first. Belt adjustment changes the length of the mower, which affects the cables. Steel cables don't stretch.

Okay will do thanks for the tip..

SamB

Threads
The SR models take a Snapper OEM shim to adjust the belt/frame length.
"https://www.ereplacementparts.com/spacer-pivot-p-1661207.html"
These will lengthen the mower frame and tighten the belt,effectively "shortening" the clutch cable.
Too many shims will not allow the blade to disengage when the blade pedal is released.
The drive disc plate on the engine shaft may be adjusted too low on the engine shaft,letting it hit the lift yoke when the clutch pedal is depressed. I currently have only one Snapper,but have had as many as 6 RERs. (I know,but I like 'em!)