Amazon vs Walmart

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Since moving here to AR, I've been one of Amazon's best customer. Usually 3 day delivery. And that's because they (or UPS) have a place in Little Rock, and UPS has a place in Pine Bluff. Nothing what so ever goes to Pine Bluff, without spending a day in Little Rock. Which is only like 30 to 40 miles from each other. So everything takes an extra day.
But here lately, almost everything I'm looking at, is taking more than a week. Like the fireplace screen that just came yesterday, IIRC it was 9 days. And I'm a Prime member.
So lately, I've been looking on Walmart dot com. They had a special the other day on their Walmart+. $50 per year. I get discounts on gas, free Paramount+ Streaming and no minimum on free shipping. Normally it's $35.
I get things from Walmart in 2 to 3 days. And WOW at the amount of stuff they sell online. Bearings, carburetors and just about anything. They're really giving Amazon and Ebay some big competition. In fact, today I noticed an actual Walbro carb rebuild kit.
In fact, the same fireplace screen I just bought from Amazon, I could've gotten $8 cheaper and received 4 days sooner than Amazon.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
I left Walmart.com over a year ago because of things they claimed was in stock and then when you ordered it you couldn't cancel because it was in preparing for shipment. Even though they didn't have it in stock. And then about a month later they would cancel the order because they couldn't produce the item ordered. And on one order I cancelled, it took them over a year to refund the sales tax on a cancelled order and it was only found due to an audit. And my father uses Walmart for his prescriptions, and I use my phone and the walmart app to refill his prescriptions. and there was a period of six months that they wouldn't allow me to put in his refills because there wasn't a credit card on file, and we always paid for his prescriptions at time of pickup in the store. I don't put a 15 cent to 12 dollar refill on credit card, I pay cash.

When my father passes I will be deleting my Walmart account and probably will delete the app from my phone.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I just finally got Tramlaw (Walmart) online to accept my tax exemption but it took nearly two weeks of their nit picking. I finally had to call my state tax office to get things done. Not looking to order a heck a lot of stuff from them as I only filed online as the local store wanted me setup the exemption online. Now I get back a message that I still got to file it locally too. The problem the locals are demanding an email account so I setting a temp one as I don't want a bunch of ads filling up my business email account.

Mainly buying only shop supplies like motor oil. Since the local stores only wanted to stock a couple bottles of Mobile One 15W50, I did six 5 quart bottles online and it was here the next day.

Tramlaw don't get my prescriptions because they refuse GoodRX discount card so Kroger gets them. I not paying Tramlaw $35 for a prescription that I can get for $16 at Kroger. Besides I do most of grocery shopping at Kroger. Maybe that why I getting a 49 cent a pound turkey this coming week. A big different between that $1.99 per lb Tramlaw turkey but Tramlaw will probably put them on sale too.

Of the two I mainly order from Amazon and that has been only a couple thousand dollars worth. Now Walmart has got about $500 now this year in motor oil sales. I don't know if Walmart I will get all my business because I have had problems them over the years too.

As for bearings I use Carnell as they got them in stock and most times I have a choice between the house brand and name brand bearing. With Tramlaw you got the Chinese bearings and quality is highly questionable. Carnell is 3 days out by USPS but I am in rush I can get them in one day if pay more for UPS. It would just quick if the Memphis post office did take two day to process the packages. But boy did USPS screw back during early part of the pandemic, Memphis PO was taking up to two weeks to get the package moving. One package of bearing I had to re-order and ship UPS to get them the next day.

But UPS does have their own screw-ups too as some packages have end up all the way to the west coast before arriving here. Sometimes I wish I go on those vacations.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
I've bought a ton of stuff from Amazon. And my only real beef with them is how long it's taking them to get my stuff. If it takes too long, I forget I even ordered it.
So far so good on the Walmart orders.
One thing I like about grocery shopping is I don't have to go in anymore. When I do, I always end up buying crap I didn't go for.
A couple of weeks ago, I needed a tire. Unsure of my alignment, I found the cheapest new tire around. That was at Walmart. $117.
After waiting for them to put it on and check me out, and strolling around the store waiting, my bill was $275.
Walking out the truck, kicking myself in the butt the whole way.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
We do not have Walmart here because the Australian retail market is not big enough for Walmart to bother destroying
And as for Amazon the only thing I will buy from them is the print on demand books as I do not believe in slavery and value human dignity over saving a few dollars.
During my college years I worked on the shop floor of a lot of different businesses in order to do strait night shifts .
After seeing what factory workers have to put up with I could never buy from from a business like Amazon that exploit their workers and treats them basically as slaves

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I've bought a ton of stuff from Amazon. And my only real beef with them is how long it's taking them to get my stuff. If it takes too long, I forget I even ordered it.
So far so good on the Walmart orders.
One thing I like about grocery shopping is I don't have to go in anymore. When I do, I always end up buying crap I didn't go for.
A couple of weeks ago, I needed a tire. Unsure of my alignment, I found the cheapest new tire around. That was at Walmart. $117.
After waiting for them to put it on and check me out, and strolling around the store waiting, my bill was $275.
Walking out the truck, kicking myself in the butt the whole way.
Just be thankful you don't have a shopaholic wife. I seen a couple the other with three shopping carts over filled at the check out line.

Come on you got to have will power. Tramlaw has a hard selling things I not looking for. This why I can stay on my small budget every month. It is the business that can get a little out of control at times. Even that I learned to control my impulses. I just been holding JD stock part order for awhile now waiting on a good deal. Well it has come through with 0.99 shipping. That cut most of the $16 shipping out on the $133 order.

Lawn Addict
Threads
I just don't like the owner of amazon..................

shadetree#1

Threads
I've noticed that sometimes Amazon offers a full refund to me (Amazon Prime) if the item takes longer than stated for delivery and keep the item once it's delivered. I've never requested such even though some items get hung up for couple days at times. Seems they have good tracking.
Also it's user friendly for me to use the free returns/refund if the item is not as described, like for example a bad carb or receive the wrong part.

Sears Parts Direct sucks big air and so does the (Sears) Allstate Insurance. (You are not in Good Hands)

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
I only go to Walmart when their lawn and garden stuff is on sale, Blades,Oil,spark plugs, you can get oem Briggs air filters for a few dollars.