All the Toy's are Working

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Went out today and started everything and got them ready for the season. Oil changes, air filters, grease, and sharpen blades. Im sure I forgot to list something. Oh air pressure in tires and decks are level.:smile::smile::smile:

ziti

Threads
Hi BlazNT. I'll be doing the same in the next week or so. I've ordered an extra set of blades so when they arrive I'll get on it. Glad winter is over. Also, will be prepping my snow blower for storage. I've only used it a couple of hours this winter. By the way, it's an older Simplicity with an 8 HP Tecumseh Snow King engine and usually run it 25-30 hours a season. I bought it used about 15 years ago. Never had any problem with it or the engine.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I don't call my lawn equipment toys, but I hate mowing grass, its one of them necessary evil things that needs doing. Now I call getting my toys out are my motorcycles and ATVs. I guess to each his own entertainment.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
I don't call my lawn equipment toys, but I hate mowing grass, its one of them necessary evil things that needs doing. Now I call getting my toys out are my motorcycles and ATVs. I guess to each his own entertainment.

I smile all the way to the bank when I mow. Smile on my face all the time. I mow for 5 hours and bring home $240.00. Just to do what I love to do.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I don't like cutting grass as much as I did at one time. But still love all the money.
And I tell my workers all the time the mower is not a toy.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I smile all the way to the bank when I mow. Smile on my face all the time. I mow for 5 hours and bring home $240.00. Just to do what I love to do.

My hate for mowing go's back a long ways. In my younger years on the farm it was a 10 to 12 hour days running farm equipment and I never wanted to work on a farm again. That is the reason I went into repairers. I don't know your age but me in my mid 70's and being retired isn't about making money anymore. Yes I do what I love to do also, repairs and ride motorcycles. I mow a little over 1 acre of lawn with my 61in. Ferris, it only takes me less then 20 minuets and that's just to keep the neighbors off my case. Now my camp lawn I have a neighbor mow my lawn and for that he can use my land for his own private hunting grounds, this works for both of us seeing he owns no land. If you are mowing lawns for other people they must also not care for mowing so I am not alone on this.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
I mow for people who cant and my brother. And myself.:smile:

ziti

Threads
Hi fellas. Everbody's got their own perspective on things. For me, it's not mowing the grass in the good ol' summer time that bothers me, it's this time of year. Here in Mass., everybody's lawn looks like it's been strafed by an A-10 Warthog. Getting it back in shape is what I don't really like doing. Once that's over, I enjoy riding my ZTR and doing some landscaping, and then, sometimes, I'll pull up a lawn chair out back in the shade and have a couple of shots of Grappa, which I really enjoy!

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hi fellas. Everbody's got their own perspective on things. For me, it's not mowing the grass in the good ol' summer time that bothers me, it's this time of year. Here in Mass., everybody's lawn looks like it's been strafed by an A-10 Warthog. Getting it back in shape is what I don't really like doing. Once that's over, I enjoy riding my ZTR and doing some landscaping, and then, sometimes, I'll pull up a lawn chair out back in the shade and have a couple of shots of Grappa, which I really enjoy!

What part off mass are you at?
I grew up on the cape.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I grew up on the cape. Where in mass are you?
Sorry it told me the first one did not post.