Mower deck Agco Allis PTO

johnorlandi

Threads
Hi Guys need your help

I have a Agco Allis 918 H the PTO get very very hot when running. I t got to the point that it deformed the belt at the PTO. I rebuilt the PTO several years ago. Last winter I put a 42" snow blower and had to make all kids of adjustment. This year I rebuilt the moter and only put the mower deck on a short time ago and had to make all kids of adjustment again for the deck to work

The PTO go so hot that the belt deformed and I did not know it until I started up again and tried to run

Any Ideas . I tried to turn the clutch by hand with the PTO off and it does not move

Help

John

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hi Guys need your help

I have a Agco Allis 918 H the PTO get very very hot when running. I t got to the point that it deformed the belt at the PTO. I rebuilt the PTO several years ago. Last winter I put a 42" snow blower and had to make all kids of adjustment. This year I rebuilt the moter and only put the mower deck on a short time ago and had to make all kids of adjustment again for the deck to work

The PTO go so hot that the belt deformed and I did not know it until I started up again and tried to run

Any Ideas . I tried to turn the clutch by hand with the PTO off and it does not move

Help

John

I read recently on the boards that the clutch with the triangle shaped metal underneath can be adjusted...there is a clearance setting for it and you adjust it evenly around to get that clearance. It could get hot if it is slipping??

If it will not move...the bearing is probably bad...that would make it hot also.

johnorlandi

Threads
Thanks Super shifter
I plan on taken the clutch apart some time this week if I get time to see if anything worn or broken and will let you know

I am retired 23 years and work a part time job but the time flies by so fast there is not enough time in the day, loving every minute

Thanks again

John